George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 19:38:02 -0400
OK folks, it turns out that it *is* possible for a subscriber message,
properly addressed to the list instead of the listserv, to be routed
to the listserv, there to be treated like a series of "unknown commands".
I've duplicated the problem.

I noticed that of all the lists I manage, this problem only occurs on
lists that have an alias defined in the LIST-ID= header parm.  I also
found that the problem cannot be duplicated from the listowner's address.
What is happening in my case is that mail addressed to the LIST-ID
address is being routed to the listserv instead.  This doesn't happen to
mail addressed to the full list name.

I've contacted our listserv administrator about this, but this doesn't
seem to be a very well known, or well documented ...feature.

It is a "feature", right?

George Buckner
Listowner, Psyche-*, ASSC-*  @UH.LISTSERV.EDU

A few days ago, I asked: