Ed Price <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:56:31 -0400
For what little it is worth we are talking about by subscription mailing
lists not newspapers or newsgroups.  At the same time it should be
recognized that newspapers are under no obligation to publish "Letters to
the Editor."

The right to protest continues but so do your 'owner rights.'  The only
question is the 'guff' an owner is prepared to take if he/she attempts to
hold subscribers to the topic or insist on some degree of adherence to
NETIQUETTE.  On top of this is all the distasteful band width that will be
inflicted on the other subscribers by the 'flamers.'

There is no easy answer.  The larger the list, the greater the problem.

As always the 2% rule applies.

Ed