Mon, 3 Jul 2000 21:28:18 -0500
On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Bill Baughn wrote:
>    I own several mailing lists running under LISTSERV. Attachments are
> becoming a problem.  Is there any way to stop the lists from accepting
> messages with attachments?

You don't say but I would lay odds a lot of those are HTML attachments.
Those can be filtered out by putting into your list header the keyword
* Language= NOHTML

That won't take care of other attachments, though.  If you have the very
latest, or a bit older with the "2000a level set" tacked in, you can use
the Attachment= keyowrd to take care of most of the rest of it (won't do
all, but a good deal, depending on the options you put in).  Don't ask me
about th functionality of that; I've been waiting four months for the
administrators at my main host site to decide whether they want to install
it or not (hey guys, won't cost you any extra fees, you have a perpetual,
unlimited license).

Failing all that you can put in a size limit for the postings, though
that won't catch a oneliner with HTML repeat.

Douglas