Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:14:29 -0400
At 08:22 9/24/98 -0700, Joe Georges said:
|Has anyone else noticed an apparent increase during the last few weeks of
|bounces of list messages to subscribers with aol addresses? I am getting
|error messages saying that the users are unknown.

Yes and it has been reported to AOL who has responded. ...

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 12:14:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Scott Crain (AOL Postmaster)" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Phil Wilkin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: 501 Data format error

AOL did a configuration change that resulted in refusal of all
source-routed addresses. You have a couple options... 1: Wait 'til we
back
it out, which is in planning now, or change your mailserver to use a
non-source-routed address in the MAIL FROM: SMTP envelope.

SCott

--
Scott Crain
AOL/GNN Postmaster