Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:06:56 -0500
I am hoping that one of the Lsoft folks might have knowledge of the
internal workings of Listserv and could answer this.

Periodically (basically whenever I think of it) I send in the following
to Apple:

// job  pw=xxxxxxxx
review chinook-l all
query chinook-l for *@*
review sibernet-l all
query sibernet-l for *@*
// eoj

And Listserv returns 3 emails.  Then I run a script against the reader
que that receives them and extracts the info I want and send them to my
PC.  Today, the script got into an endless loop.  I killed it and
started stepping thru the script.  The bug was easy enough to find, but
why just now when its been running for almost two years?  Looking at the
bug, it would only fail if the file containing the o/p of the 2 queries
was not the 3rd file in the reader que.  Today it was the first.  The
previous time I ran it was 10/13.  Has there been a change in Listserv
that would change the order or was this just a random occurance?

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67