Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:31:05 -0700
On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:33:47 -0600, Steve Price <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The problem appears to be either this person's MUA or MTA (and most
>likely the former) adding the 'Errors-To:' header which Postfix on
>the mailserver is taking as gospel when it needs to send out the
>bounce messages.  Bottom line it doesn't appear to be a Listserv
>problem at all but here's an example

Ahh, yes.  Well I would suggest that it is PostFix (which is handling the
outgoing mail for the LISTSERV server) which is broken here.  It should not be
looking at any RFC822 headers at all to determine where to report errors.
RFC821 provides very good instructions on what to do and as an MTA that is all
that PostFix should be doing.