Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:00:31 -0400
>Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>>One (and apparently only one) of my subscribers is getting some messages
>>>that show up in Eudora with "From ???@???  Wed Aug 05 19:49:33 1998",
>>>where the date and time is the time of the download. When she opens

As you have noticed, this line is the separator line used in mailboxes for
various mail systems.  I believe Eudora adopted the style from PINE.  Could
it be that your reader is looking at a mime digest?  Digests are full of
these lines, but if here client doesn't treat it properly, this could be
the sympton.  Many mail clients open a mime digest and make it appear like
another mailbox so that each article is viewed as a separate piece of mail
and can be replied to.  It's possible that she is using an older version of
Eudora that recognizes the attached digest simply as another attachment and
not a mailbox.

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
Postmaster & Listserv maintainer
Center for Academic Computing, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)