Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 20:20:52 GMT
On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 02:23:42 -0500, "Juan J. Noyles" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I "got" my list a couple of weeks ago, intent on editing things like the >spelling of people's names and such. ...
>I had noticed that some subscribers' flags had wrapped to the next line >before I put it back, so I had taken
>a few spaces out of some to make room on the lines for the flags.
>What should I do?  I haven't seen anything helpful in the list owners manual,

I guess you overlooked the cautions and warnings about NOT editing the
list manually, especially the feature flags that are stored beyond the
80th character position.  LISTSERV provides other, proper means for
changing these things.

You can use the SUBscribe command to modify the spelling of people's
names.  You use the various SET options to modify the features flags.
These are the only correct means to make modifications.

Hoepfully you have an older, unmodifed LIST so you can restore.  If you
don't, the only way out is to delete all your subscribers and resubscribe
them as though you were importing them from another list.  Unfortunately
this will also lose all the present features they had set.  You have a
problem.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]