John Robert Engler <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 20:07:16 -0600
>Subscribers to 'SPSSX-L@UGA' are receiving "spam" from an auto-responder
>at [log in to unmask], whenever they post to that list.
>
>The reason is that this mailing-list has a "suspicious" subscriber:
>
>      [log in to unmask]                 Matthew Turco
>
>who, obviously, doesn't read the postings to SPSSX-L.
>
>Instead, each posting triggers the auto-responder to send the following "spam"
>to the poster.
>
>I suggest that you scan your list(s), looking for this ID, and remove it.

<snip>

Please excuse my stupidity, but isn't there any way we as users can get
back at people like this without hurting ourselves, legally or any other
way?

Thanks,

John Robert Engler '97
http://acs.tamu.edu/~jre9152/index.html

"Do your duty as you see fit, and damn the consequences."
                        - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.