Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Jun 1995 12:03:07 -0400
> People,
>    My co-listowner is not on a matching VMS system, and cannot access my
>system by the TELL commands. I am sure others have come up against the same
>problem. What is the solution? Do I have to get an account for this person on
>my system? Or can he handle the error messages through the regular email
>system?
>
>Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library

We have a listowner council of <pause while I count on my fingers> nine?,
with six actively taking duty in rotation.  I have no idea how many systems
we represent between us.

One of us, I know, uses TELL commands, but, since TELL never worked from my
system (Vax running VMS), however, I've always used e-mail for all
listserver commands.  Never had a problem unless listserv wasn't speaking
to me, or listening to me, which is more to the point -- but that happens
with TELL, also, of course.

Mario Rups