Lanny Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 May 2003 12:28:46 -0400
I have some users who are - for whatever reason - scared to death of the
LISTSERV web interface.  So I thought I would build a simple addition to
our web portal and let them click a radio button or whatever to turn
their mail off, change their address, etc., etc.  They seem to have no
problem getting to OUR web interface ...

So I wrotew an app in asp.net to use as the core of the routine which
builds an email and sends it from me (the admin) and it works just fine.

Except I get an email asking me to confirm the change.

Now, my list is closed, and in fact here is the header:

kat-skan

Review= Owner
Subject-Tag= kat-skan
Daily-Threshold= 999999,999999
Notify= Yes
Language= NoHTML
Default-Options= NOACK,REPRO
Notebook= Yes,c:\inetpub\wwwroot\archives\kat-skan,Monthly,Private
Safe= Yes
Digest= Yes,Same,Daily
Auto-Delete= Yes
Subscription= By Owner
Subscription= Confirm
Ack= No
Confidential= Yes
Validate= Yes,Confirm
Reply-to= List,Respect
Send= Private
Errors-To= Owner
Owner= [log in to unmask]

I do not want to lose the control and lose the 'security' of the list,
but it kind of defeats the purpose if I have to approve everything -
might as well just make the change myself and be done with it.

I have studied the manual, and I am wondering if I have a combination of
parameters that is really unnecessary or even conflicting and this is
causing my "problem".  If I am stuck with having to approve everything
then I guess that's just the way it is, but I have a feeling I may have
something set incorrectly.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lanny Pierce