Thu, 9 Apr 1992 00:16:28 GMT
Ah yes, listserv does keep a backup of the "listname LIST" file in case you
make chicken soup out of it. Nice idea, but listserv uses the "soup" to
determine if you are the owner of the list when you're trying to fix it!

Eric, might I suggest that you update listserv so that if it gets a request
for the old version of "listname LIST", that it also *checks* the old version
*if* the user's ID is not found in the new "soup" version... :-)

OK, potential minor security loophole during change of list ownership. I'm sure
you could work something into listserv to handle it, like a confirmation
request, or a time delay (e.g. chicken soup received, you have 20 minutes to
confirm it before access to the old list file (for old owners) is denied.)
This applies only when listserv detects a change of ownership. How about it?

                                          (Thanx Mark, Melvin and others :-)
--- Rotan.