David O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 10:07:25 -0400
This is an update for list owners who have AOL subscribers, particularly
subscribers who receive your list as a digest.

I've had a couple of reports that digests are being cut off when received by
AOL subscribers. Recently received information leads me to suspect this is
not the case.

If your digest is routinely larger than 25k, it will arrive in the AOL member
mailbox as an attachment, rather than a single file or (as previously)
several chunks. If the AOL member tries to open the attachment using the AOL
software (or a text editor which uses the standard Windows or Mac text
tools), they will not see the entire message -- it will either not be
displayed or will be cut off at about 31k, depending on the application being
used.

The best solution at this time is to have the user use either a word
processor (Microsoft Word, for example) or a text editor which can handle
>32k of text to open the attachment. Windows users can use Windows Write, and
I have personally found BBEdit to be a capable application for the Macintosh.

Members with other problems are invited to write me directly for more help.
Including a copy of relevant list articles or digest will help speed the
process.

Thanks for your time and patience.

- --
__ David B. O'Donnell ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
\/ AOL Internet Feedback/Response/Information Team Manager
   Tel. +1 703/448-8700 x3725 - FAX  +1 703/883-1514
   Belief-L, GLB-News -Press -Discuss, SoftRevu List Owner/Editor
   http://www.cais.com/atropos/ - "The spam stops here."