"David B. O'Donnell - AOL" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 13:02:28 -0400
In a message dated 96-10-12 14:04:25 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Eric
Paul-Hus) writes:

> Now, if I try to guess I'd say AOL.COM uses UNIX mail hosts (guessing on
>  the feeble assumption that mailer-daemon@domain is probably indicating
>  UNIX inheritance)... Since AOL users are somewhere between the 1/3 and
>  half our list sub'ers , it is at least *annoying*.

The way LISTSERV handles SMTP replies is not presently compatible with AOL's
mail system, which is only partially run on UNIX. Our developers are working
on changes to the system which will make it compatible with LISTSERV's
response handler and we hope to begin testing them in the coming months.

--David O'Donnell
  AOL