Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:26:32 -0700
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:00:33 -0500, Ray Champagne <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>That being said - I started Beta testing today, and already have a problem
>with a user who is trying to send via Outlook and they are coming out the
>other end as blank emails.  This problem is spreading rapidly.  About every
>third test email is blank.  Looking into it, it appears that Outlook's Rich
>Text emails can't be interpreted by ListServ.

Depending on the user's outlook settings, there could be text/html issues.
Also in some versions of Outlook, the default is for rich text, HTML, and
attachments to be sent in Microsoft's proprietary format as a 'winmail.dat'
attachment.  Since only other Outlook mail clients can interpret this
proprietary format, the default in LISTSERV is to remove/discard the
'winmail.dat' attachment from list messages.

Add the line

 Language= Exchange

to your List Header to tell LISTSERV not to remove this.  Note that some
people who don't use Outlook, may also complain about not being able to read
the message.  You can't win somedays.

Proper diagnosis of these problems requires an ability to view the complete
mesage 'source'.  Unfortunately this is amost impossible to do in Outlook.

Having the user send a cc: to you directly of they same message they send to
LISTSERV and then comparing the 2 can be a good diagnostic tool.