Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 10:03:36 EDT
>1)  How can I add a Personal Password for the Quiet Owner?  The ListServ
>manual implies that I can change my own personal password, but how do I do
>it for the quiet owner?  Obviously, she cannot do it if the ListServ does
>not accept her given password.

You can't.  She has to do this for herself with the command

PW ADD password

(and she will be asked to confirm with the "OK" mechanism).

>2)  Another option is to reset the List Password.  The manual states that
>the syntax is PW RESET with a confirmation message after that.  However,
>the manual implies that this will only remove the List Password.  How do I
>change it to something else?  Do I change it through the list header?

This is incorrect.  PW RESET resets your <personal> password.  To change
the list password you need to GET and PUT the list header with a new
PW= line.  With 1.8c now running on the machine, I would suggest ignoring
the list password and have your co-owner set a personal password and use
that instead, as we are de-emphasizing the use of the list password.

FYI I've put an "initial release" version of the new Quick Start Manual
on HOME for you all to look at.  In some ways this is still in the
beta stages but it should be helpful to you.  If you download it and
have comments, please send them to [log in to unmask] .  You can get
the Quick Start Manual at

ftp://home.ease.lsoft.com/ftp/admin/quickstart.*

where "*" should be replaced with

 doc   for MS Word 6
 pdf   for Adobe PDF
 rtf   for Rich Text Format

Other formats will be available at a later date.  Please note that the
document is very HOME-specific and should not be used (or should be used
very carefully) with lists running on other machines.

Nathan