Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 18 May 2003 16:10:52 -0400
Folks,
Can anybody explain this autodeletion?

List header has:  * Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(5),Max(500)

Which I think means autodeletion if 500 errors within 5 days or at
least 1 error per day for 5 days.

On May 16 error report:

>                Last error: 5.1.1 Mailer ha-mail.supplyguys.net said: "553
>                            sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
>                            rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"

On May 17 error report:

The following 2 subscribers were deleted from the SIBERNET-L list today:

>  Last error was: 5.1.1 Mailer ha-mail.supplyguys.net said: "553 sorry, that
>                  domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"

Sent to subscriber:

>- The failing address is [log in to unmask]
>
>- The first error was reported on 11 May 2003.
>
>- Since then, a total of 3 delivery errors have been received.
>
>- The last reported error  was: 5.1.1 Mailer ha-mail.supplyguys.net said:
>"553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"

AFAIK the "usual" cause of this type of error is that a secondary or
tertiary mail server is misconfigured.  I am guessing that
supplyguys.net serves as a mailserver for 1bigred.  Most of the mail
goes thru the higher level mail server(s) and goes correctly.  When the
load goes high enough to hit the lower level mail server(s) then you see
this sort of error.

But why after only 3 errors?

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com  + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com    + 1 770 321 6507