Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:36:31 -0600

Ben Parker wrote:
> Unfortunately that is not a valid command.  The only way to LOCK a list is
> via a GET of the list.  There is an UNLOCK command but not a LOCK command.
> I've tried this.

Hmm.  Well, it doesn't seem to work for the version my host site is running
either.  But it USED to work, it was, in earlier versions of LISTSERV a
valid listowner command.  I never used it, except to test that it acutally
worked, which it did.

So, if you have an older version of LISTSERV maybe you can use the LOCK
command.  If you can't use it, you could still, first set your list header
Subscription keyword to CLOSED, and then do a
quiet del LISTNAME *@*

couldn't you?

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]