"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Dec 1993 15:42:00 EST
>I have a problem that I know others must also have.  How do you deal with
>multiple addresses for your list subscribers?  For example, my primary
>address is [log in to unmask]  But I am also known as
>[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]  If I try to send a

If a bitnet host has an Internet-equivalent address (FQDN), then it
should be registered in the Bitearn Nodes database using the
configuration program (via e-mail) update@bitnic (@bitnic.educom.edu).
The person(s) who is/are your NAD should know the procedure.  To list
the userids of your NAD, send the following command to ANY LISTSERV

SHOW NAD bit_node

For those users who are actually on different hosts, then for those
lists that are SEND=PRIVATE, they are in effect DIFFERENT users.  They
must subscribe _multiple_ times, but no need to receive multiple
distributions.  Have them send the following command to the hosting
site's LISTSERV from the userid(s) where they do _not_ want the
redundant postings:

SET list NOMAIL NOFILES

>message to my list from TIAN.EARLHAM.EDU,  the list rejects it -- because
>it knows me as [log in to unmask]  Is there a way to tell the listserv
>to accept mail from michaelb@*.earlham.edu?

I do not know if OWNER= wild-card works.

>Also, how do I set myself up as owner of the list so that the list will
>receive mail from all three address I listed above (and only send me one
>message with errors, etc)?

Do not use wild-card, but list all of your userids@nodes, with the first
userid@node being your primary recipient.  Then change any references of
the string /owners/ to /owner/.  Change NOTIFY=YES to =OWNER (or some
other userid@node).

/Pete ([log in to unmask])  --  co-owner  LDBASE-L, TQM-L, CPARK-L, et -L
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never naps"             +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA