Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:31:59 -0400
At 09:50 AM 6/11/97 EDT, you wrote:

>It can be handy for turning the list off for a period of time but not just
>rejecting users' postings.  For instance if you want to go on holiday but
>don't have a substitute list owner lined up, you can simply HOLD the list
>and then FREE it when you return.

I think perhaps I'm not reading this right- are you really referring to
leaving town for a week, and simply queuing all mail sent to the list, then
unleashing it all on the subscribers (including the requisite dozens of
"Why am I not getting anything from the list" messages) at once?

Perplexed,
Philo