"Lewis, Erik" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:48:22 -0400
I run listserv and lsmtp on a nt4 server.

Here is what I have been seeing.  I apologize for the scattershot approach.

1) My messages are taking longer to disseminate.  A message sent to the list
is taking about 5 minutes to get disseminate.  Sometimes as much as 20
minutes.  This is brand new.  When I telnet to port 25 of the listserver
which is 20 feet away from me it sometimes takes up to a minute to get the
esmtp listening message.  It used to be instantaneous.

2) Some people in my office aren't getting messages sent by people in my
office.  Thats confusing so I will clarify.  We don't seem to be getting all
the messages sent to our local mail domain.  It only happens on certain
lists.  Its a brand new problem.

I inherited the install and for the most part its worked just fine.  Not an
expert on the software but I sure could use some hints on trouble shooting.

Erik Lewis
Georgia Public Library Service
phone: 404-327-6824 fax: 404-982-3563