Charles Oriez <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:54:59 -0700
At 02:01 PM 3/4/2005, Nelson R. Pardee wrote:
>I have a number of lists whose list configuration is not in compliance
>with our standards, and the list owners have not responded to email. In
>some cases the traffic is so low that I'm simply deleting the list. In
>others, I need a different method and have been holding the list. My
>questions:
>- any better ideas from anyone?
>- how can I query listserv to find which lists are held?
>I saw an old FAQ from Lisa Covi that suggests retrieving information about
>all lists, but I'd prefer a less brute force method. Thanks in advance for
>your help.

I do a global change for one of my addresses such as "set * NOACK".  When I
get the results message from that command, it includes an entry for every
locked list, whether I am subscribed or not, saying that the list is
locked, since when (yy/mm/dd), and by whom.  Since I already have all my
subscriptions set to NOACK on that server, I get this, followed up a
summary listing for the lists that I'm on.  Looks like that first one has
been locked for awhile.  Somewhat surprising, unless it is on purpose,
since that owner is highly competent.

 > set * NOACK
Sorry, the CONS-SPST-GRAZING-FORUM list has been locked since 03/06/21 11:32
by [log in to unmask] Try again later  and contact the list owner
if the condition persists.

(note - the request originated from [log in to unmask])

Sorry,  the OE-BSR-COMM  list has  been  locked since  05/02/02 17:07  by
[log in to unmask] Try again later and contact the list owner if the
condition persists.

(note - the request originated from [log in to unmask])

All the options you specified were already in effect. Here are the exact
settings now in use for your  subscription. Please take a few moments to
check that this is indeed what you wanted.

--
[log in to unmask] 39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W                   AIM
handle caoriez