John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 16:51:12 -0400
I own no web pages on which I can advertise my lists, but I would like for
people browsing the web to stumble across _some_ listing for them.  With
that in mind, I wondered if it was possible to register a list's page as it
appears on the CataList search engine.

For example, would it work to register the lstown-l list on search engines
as http://www.lsoft.com/SCRIPTS/WL.EXE?SL1=LSTOWN-L&H=SEARN.SUNET.SE (this
is the address the CataList engine _always_ supplies when it provides the
information page about the lstown-l list)?

I assume it wouldn't be possible to imbed effective meta tags (or would it?)
in the HTML part of the CataList page that the listowner can code within his
list header because it appears too far down when CataList sandwiches it
between the stock www page top and bottom, but I'd still give anything for
my lists to have at least some presence on Yahoo, Infoseek, and so on.

Has anybody done this or thought about it?  What have the results been?

Thanks.

-- John