Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 May 1994 20:15:22 EST
Perhaps the best and easiest thing we can do is shrug our shoulders,
*sigh*, and use the Editor= dodge someone posted the other day (which
I have already done with my two large public lists--the bravos from
the users were deafening:).  At least that way these legal beagles
(dogs, in other words:) will have to subscribe to the list before they
can post to it.  I've also kept the Filter= up to date--nothing like
belt and suspenders.

I think this whole new situation is going to <greatly> affect how we
all administer topical lists.  We're either going to have to hide them,
go private, or something.  :)  I make a point (and intend to make it
stronger) every time I send out the periodic admin posting that "While
this is not a moderated list, it is a list owner's duty to keep things
focussed."

Ah, it's a wild and wooly net out there...you suppose those guys at SAIL
and MIT saw this coming, back in the bad old days?

BITNET:  NBRINDLE@INDYCMS  ------------  Internet:  [log in to unmask]
Nathan C. Brindle, Student Activities Office
Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
Staff Advisor, Alpha Phi Omega Nat'l Service Fraternity, Tau Omicron Chapter
List Manager, ACCESS-L, BRTHPRNT, EXCEL-L@INDYCMS and other lists
Disclaimer:  My opinions are my own.  Indiana University can speak for itself.