"David L. Carlson" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 15:35:23 CST
I maintain a file list for ARCH-L and am now placing a newsletter in
the filelist.  I want the current issue to be always available as
HERITAGE TIMES and previous issues to be available as HERITAGE V#N#.
When I get a new issue, I just lsvput the new file as HERITAGE TIMES,
get the filelist, append a new file description for the previous
volume/number, put the list back and then a copy of the previous
issue.
My only problem has been with the file description of the HERITAGE
TIMES file.  XEDIT prevents me from changing the description to
update the volume/number information.  Is this a quirk of XEDIT
that I can circumvent with another editor, or can the description of
a previously defined file not be changed?

David L. Carlson, ARCH-L Listowner    Internet: [log in to unmask]
Anthropology Department                  Phone: (409) 845-4044
Texas A&M University                   Telefax: (409) 845-4070
College Station, TX  77843-4352