Sun, 23 Jun 1996 23:08:08 -0500
> *  Default-Options= Review
>
>         Everyone added to your list from then on will be automatically
> set to review.  You should be sure to keep some kind of record, though,
> so you can set them to NOREVIEW after a few weeks.

  I used to do this but we have a lot of signon/off traffic (some people
sign off rather that using nomail then sign on in a couple of days, why
I do not know) so I do what some other listowners do: I don't change the
review setting until the person sends a valid posting, germane to the list.
Which makes sense as the reason we started using REVIEW as the default
was to block spammers who would actually go to the trouble of subscribing
to send the spam (yes, we have had some do that).  That of course means
we have a lot of subscribers set to REVIEW but as the majority never
post anything to the list it really makes no difference whether they
are set REVIEW or NOREVIEW.  I get legit stuff from the address, for the
list, I approve the item then reset to NOREVIEW.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L