Bruce Bachus <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 07:34:00 EDT
Subject: [C4I-Pro] letter from Olga!  =)

Here we go again!  Just received this on another list ... hopefully
it won't hit others, but if history repeats itself, perhaps those
with monitoring tools can get ready...
Cheers,
Bruce
Note that the note was sent to [log in to unmask] and others...

--
WITHOUT A COMMITTED FUNCTIONAL PROPONENT,
YOU HAVE NO REQUIREMENT!
 From: "Bruce D. Bachus" <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 07:37:31 -0400 (EDT)

 Forwarded message:
 >From [log in to unmask] Mon Jul 24 10:41 EDT 1995
 Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 19:42:54 -0700
 To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
         [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
 From: [log in to unmask]
 Sender: [log in to unmask]

      Not to long ago, I posted a message re: meeting women of the former
 soviet union through romance ads.

      In August, Olga will travel to Moscow from her home in Kiev, Ukraine.
 In Moscow, Olga will have a much easier and cost efficient means to place
 your personal romance ad throughout Russia.

 Last week I received the following from Olga:

      "I have already sent your ad to the papers in such towns: Moscow,
 St. Petersburg, Vladimir, Kazan.  At nearest future I will send your ad to the
 paper in some more 12 towns of Russia, where papers are published.
      Some times (in winter, spring & now) I placed your ad in other papers,
 but they are not most popular paper in Moscow and some large cities of Russia.
      Besides, I am continuing to place your ad in papers of Ukraine.  I
 promise to place your ad in some other papers when I will come to Moscow in
 August.  I am glad that you have received fairly many letters from Russian &
 Ukrainian girls and I think you will received some more ones and will find
 your ideal in my country soon.
      I thank you very much ones more for your kindness & your help.
 My best wishes,

 Olga"

      This isn't a scam - call it panhandling if you want. . . I sent her $40
 or $50 and I've received over 45 responses.  Unlike placing romance ads in
 the U.S., women from the former USSR respond.  Although one would guess the
 are doing so in the hopes of American citizenship, I haven't found it so.

      Olga lives in Kiev, Ukraine (population 3 million) and will travel to
 Moscow in August to visit her father.  If you were to send a letter this
 week, she would receive it in time.  The population of Moscow is 10 million
 -- (3 times the size of Los Angeles.)

      Feel free to send a letter and ask her your questions.  She will be happy
 to respond.

 Olga's address:

 Ukraine
 Kiev 253121
 Dekabristov Street 5 - 178
 Olga Kozmina

      I am posting anonymously because of the flames and volume of inquiries
 that would result otherwise.  I think those who are truely interested will
 take the time to write.
 To: probable flamer
 Subject: polite note

      Although Olga has never seen a newsgroup nor heard of "net-etiquette,"
 she believes that offering lonely singles the possibility of romance exceeds
 the cost of angering those who feel the net shouldn't be used in this fashion.
      IHA (I humbly ask) that you not flame the postmaster of this site.

 peace. . .