David Mayerlen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:28:41 -0500
Hi,

 I have experienced this before. Microsoft Word makes readily available a
really nice looking curly apostrophie. It happens to reside in the upper
128 bits of ACSII however and gets lost or simply does not get displayed
on some systems. In our case this apostrophie has been used in English
language text. We run a small perl script to check for upper 128 bit
characters before we post anything to our list.

Regards,

David Mayerlen