Thu, 10 Oct 1996 00:37:54 -0500
On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, Victor Lavrov wrote:
> I am the list owner and I keep receivig the following message from the
> LISTSERV.  Even some subscribers got this error message.
> I tried to delete them but they don't exist.
> Any ideas?

This sort of thing may require some sleuthing.  Perhaps the people
were subbed but aren't now, but items already "in the pipeline"
are being bounced.  In that case they should stop fairly soon.

Perhaps these people are on vacation and have set up a forwarding
system and you are getting the errors for the forward address rather
than the subscribed address.

Perhaps someone is forwarding the items to them, which would be
the same as above, more or less.

Perhaps the address reported is the local address while the sub
address is the "outside" address (I really hate those).

There are other possibilities, but I would start with those and would
take a hard look at all subs for any related address.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner