Randy Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:56:53 -0700
I just provided one example.  There are a couple of other subscribers who
had their messages reflected back also.  I've been using REVIEW in this
manner for years, the only other time there was a problem was when @HOME
started reflecting tons of messages back to the list, same problem as with
this example.

In the case of @HOME, even the messages from subscribers that require
approval were reflected back to the list without being asked for approval
and duplicated.  In this case, I was able to figure out and remove the
subscriber before seeing this case again.

I don't believe headers showing a message being delivered from a listserv
list, traveling through a mail distribution system and sent back to the list
address is a normal means of delivering email to a system, especially
unchanged to not at least not reflect some kind of mailer error.  Eventually
some screwball could subscribe to a bunch of lists and configure their
mailer to reflect back everything.

Is the LISTSERV software not at least catching the email as a duplicate due
to the fact that I have a bottom banner?

Randy