Fri, 9 Sep 1994 09:12:06 -0500
On Fri, 9 Sep 1994, Eric Thomas wrote:
> Approved-by is only  used when the list editor forwards  a message to the
> list, using Resent- tags. If he posts directly, there is no such field as
> there is no confusion (approver=poster).

Actually, when the editor posts an original item directly there *is*
an Approved-by: field in the full header.  I am the editor and when I
send in something of my own both approved-by and from fields say
[log in to unmask]  .  Also, since we have Send= Editor and
[log in to unmask],(AUTOCAT) the same applies to any message
from any of our subscribers.

However, I have now gotten enough messages from the list that I have
a much better feel for what to expect with Header= Full, .
I'ld never used it before and wasn't sure how it worked, hence my
question.

Now, anyone got any brilliant ideas on ways to block messages from
someone who forges with an editor's address?  Only thing I can think
of is full moderation and the address of the editor is kept secret.
I do not like this, neither the solution nor the possible need for it.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner