Karen Isaacson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 16:11:59 PDT
> However, this evening I received mail from our mail admins indicating that
> they believe the problem has been fixed; this is at least partially

David,

Is the MIME encoding of large digests, which the AOL members then
have to download and somehow decode, considered part of the mail
problem?  That is, will it go away when everything is fixed?  Or
is it a new feature that people have to learn to live with?

The problem (feature?) first appeared last Thursday, and the AOL members
subscribed to ROOTS-L loathe it with a passion.  I'd really like to know
what to tell them. (AOL tech support, last week anyhow, told them the
mailing list was being sent out that way, that it wasn't AOL's fault, but
oddly enough it was only people with AOL addresses who received their
digest in that odd format.)

Thanks for any information,

Karen