Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:28:14 -0400
Serving out cyber.sell.com may not deal with their ads arriving through the
NETNEWS gateways, but it will help.  Perhaps we can convince the domain
provider that this host isn't and acceptable citizen? [For those who
haven't seen it the ad was for one of those "we can restore your credit no
matter how big a deadbeat you are" operators--if they make money I think
I'll sign up for an opportunity to market quit claim deeds to the Brooklyn
Bridge and other landmarks]

>Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 11:59:24 -0500
>From: James Cassell <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <[log in to unmask]>
>
>This morning's ad for legal services has shown up on several
>newsgroups and mailing lists associated with them.  I believe
>cyber.sell.com is the "Internet Marketing" firm set up by Canter &
>Seigal, the infamous pair who posted the "green card" spam a year
>or so ago.  It appears that they've set up their little marketing
>venture, as promised.  Judging from their comments, they fully
>intend to flood netnews groups with their ads.

/s Murph Sewall                                 (203) 486-2489 voice
   Marketing Department                         (203) 486-5246 fax