John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 May 2000 18:47:08 -0400
> Is there a way to edit, or better yet not send, the informational message
> that Listserv sends to new subscribers?  If so, can someone tell me how to
> do it.

First of all, you should probably post your LISTSERV Lite questions on
the Lite list at:  [log in to unmask]
There will probably be more Lite Admins there to help you.

You can disable the $SIGNUP template in the default.mailtpl file if you
wish. To do this you must edit the default.mailtpl in the main directory.
Each template begins with  >>>  and the one you want is below.
To disable a template from being sent, you insert  .QQ on the first line
of the template after the title as show below.

>>> $SIGNUP Standard message to new subscribers
.QQ
The rest of the text is here.

Just remember this will disable this message for all lists on that
server. You should also make a backup copy of any changes you make to
that file since LISTSERV will overwrite it at re-install or upgrade time.

--
John Lyon
L-Soft international, Inc.