Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Jul 1993 16:19:33 EDT
I'm reading in the document "A description of list header keywords" about
how Owner can be set equal to a list instead of a single address.
I don't see the same thing listed in the description for Editor or
for Send=.  I want to create a list that will have two classes of
subscribers, a broad class that can receive mail and a narrower class
that is allowed to post.  What I wish I could do is to set Send= POST-L
and then manually subscribe certain people to POST-L who will be the narrow
class that can send directly to the main list.  But from what I can
read, that won't work -- am I correct?

A second option I wish I had is to set Send= Editor and then set
Editor= POST-L but I think I can't do that either, n'est-ce pas?

My last resort, I sippose, is to set Send= Editor and then manually
adding Editor= [log in to unmask] by revising the list header each
time I want to add someone to the "posting" class.

Or I can forget having two classes of subscribers and just have
Subsciption= By-owner  Send= Private .

-- Roger Burns  bfu@nihcu