Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 16:47:25 -0400
On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Dan Lester wrote:

> Not really.  I'm assuming you're smart enough to NOT say on list, or to
> anyone, that [log in to unmask] is set to review.  The only person who ever knows
> is the person reviewed, and even then only if they post again.  If they
> spread the word about their "pariah" status, that's their business and you
> can cheerfully ignore any discussion about it.

        Hi, Dan.  It may be that your mail system doesn't show you the
line that says "Approved by:[log in to unmask]", but lots of systems DO,
so LOTS of people can see that so-and-so's postings are subject to review
and deduce from that the person's pariah status (unless there are MANY
people set to REVIEW for many reasons).

        Joan Korenman (whose VAX e-mail always shows all headers, and
whose unix e-mail can if desired)

*    Joan Korenman                              [log in to unmask]           *
*    University of Maryland, Baltimore County                               *
*    Baltimore, MD 21250                        http://www.umbc.edu/wmst/   *
*    The only person to have everything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe  *