"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:34:23 -0400
[Shahrukh Merchant kindly posted a sample MIME digest.]

   OK, the problem is not the VM SMTP bug :-)

I think what you are seeing is *not* a recent change, but simply an e-
mail client(s) bug.

I'll suggest that you only see the problem on digests that contain MIME
posts.  Many e-mail clients have trouble with MIME digests with a post
containing a particular or, in some cases, any kind of MIME headers.

There are work-arounds such as (1) have the affected user use a
different kind of digest or (2) ban MIME postings.  I encourage my
frequent posters to not send MIME headers.  Readers tend not to jump
at the idea of changing their e-mail client.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it (this time) ... unless it's wrong :-)

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith                       mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
LISTSERV maintainer for http://lists.Maine.edu/