Perrine Crampton <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 23:58:07 EST
Ok. Now *I'M* really worried!!

This "user" subscribed to my list just this afternoon!

I am now very panicked and am not sure how I should proceed. I'm a
relatively new list owner and would welcome helpful suggestions as to
(specifically) how to proceed.

Some details:

I manage one list. It's at GITVM1. I manage it COMPLETELY through my
email account. I have ccMail for Macintosh (in case it makes a
difference).

I've been managing the list with another person for 5 months. However;
the one time I 'got' the list and returned it to the listserv; it
crashed! My email software doesn't read long enough lines (or something
like that)! Thank GOD (actually, his name is Paul) that the listserv
manager was on site and I was doing this during the day!

I thought I'd learned a lot since then and was starting to feel pretty
confident about trying to get just the header and try modifying
something and then replacing it.

NOW, however, I don't know what to do! I'm a little worried about
'GET'ting the <listname> (header (is that the right sequence?) without
my 'safety net' (a.k.a. Paul, the listserv manager at GA Tech.)!

Please, help me figure out how to deal with this issue.

Perrine

p.s. Is it possible that this user is actually NOT intending to do harm?
What could I expect to have to deal with if this person intends malice?