Scott Fendley <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:23:45 -0600
Heya all.

It appears that some idiot decided to be 1337 and start yet another new vbs
virus.  After getting around to most all of our main mail servers, I have
managed to put in various filters to start dropping this particular
virus.  Most of the mailing lists that I am on are safe because of the
attachment= and sizelm headers.  However, I was wanting to know if there is
something that LSOFT will push down to their smtp servers that will help
filter some of this out before it gets processed by Listserv.  Or is it
more recommended that if we must filter on a subject line for a short time
that we go to the console of the listserv machine and hand edit a filter to
stop this virus from even getting there?

Just curious since a lot of the dropped messages that I have seen on the
mail servers have been getting passed through the listserv machine.  If i
can get the remainder of campus to filter as well, i will be happy, but if
I can show that we did quickly try to touch everything under the control of
my department....then maybe no one will harass me for not doing enough.

--dsf