F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:10:25 +0000
We're on a Linux box.  My predecessor wrote a number of scripts (mostly Perl) to parse the logs keeping track of posts, valid subscriber addresses (on our system), which dept had requested the list, who owned a list etc.  Some of these are cron jobs, some scripts that handle list creation/deletion and such.  I believe much of the same could be done on Windows using PowerShell (especially if "select-string" is as grep-like as MS claims).  But all of this requires system-level access, and don't think most owners would have such (site mngrs are more likely to).

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: list report

Higher-ups want to monitor traffic on a few of our lists. We have turned on archiving for them. Is there a way to request a quarterly report of traffic, how many posts were made each quarter? I’ve thought about enabling changelog and counting the posts. That requires some manual processing. It would be nice to automate all of this.

Thank you