Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:47:59 -0800
Bon Matin Sherry,
[...]

>   1 02/26 02/26 Leslie Bernstein <[log in to unmask]>
[...]
> > q cyberspace-law for [log in to unmask]
[...]
> Subscription date: 26 Feb 1997

The date on the Query output matching the date of the report would lead
me to belive the user was auto-deleted and then re-sub'ed.

> Does this mean that the subscription was not deleted, or that the
> subscription was deleted and the subscriber notified, and that they then
> resubscribed?  I'm leaning toward the latter, but I just need to be clear
> on this ...
>
> Sherry

If you set notify=you you will receive a notification in the form
LIST: user@fqdn *** auto-deleted *** ... So it would be easy to
track those ...

In 4 months on a 60-80 msg/day list, I only had a few users (less then
5)  auto-deleted on 705 signoffs  (either the user or delete)

Note to new owners: But I still recommand the auto-delete: Transient and
non-standard bounces went from 2000-4000 to 50-200 a day ...

--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L