Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 17:57:22 EST
Yes, you can have multiple Editor= lines.  It's better to equate the
syntax with multiple Owner= lines rather than the Filter= line.  You
don't use "Also" in Editor=.  For instance:

* Send= Editor
* Editor= [log in to unmask]
* Editor= [log in to unmask]
* Editor= (ACCESS-L)

This is essentially how one of my lists is set up.  I get the list
contributions at ubvm, I can post from the lsoft.com address if I
want to without having the post bounced to ubvm first :), and anyone
who is subscribed to ACCESS-L is also allowed to post directly to the
list.  All other people trying to post to the list have their mail
forwarded to me at ubvm, because LISTSERV sends these postings to
the first editor defined.

You can also create a list (call it NASM-EDS, for instance) with
Subscription= Closed and Send= Private, etc., and subscribe all
of the editors to it.  Then you use essentially the same format
as above:

* Send= Editor
* Editor= [log in to unmask]
* Editor= (NASM-EDS)

In this scenario, replace the [log in to unmask] with the
net address of the person who vets posts.  Now all you have to do to
change that secondary list of editors is add and delete people from
the list NASM-EDS!  :)  (Well, it beats getting and putting the list
header all the time...also, NASM-EDS would be available for any other
lists you wanted to set up that way.  You might want to call it
simply EDITORS.)

Please note that the primary editor should ALWAYS be a human person,
not a file server, list server, mailer, etc.  It could be possible
to set up a mailing loop by specifying an program's mailbox as
the primary editor of a list.

HTH,
Nathan