Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 15:52:53 GMT
On Sun, 13 Oct 1996 22:51:44 +0000, "[log in to unmask]"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The people who run the host system, the lsoft folks, made it so I would
>have to approve what it sent out.

Your list header shows you have Send= Editor

> If you simply forward
>it back to the list, using a mail command that generates "Resent-" fields
>(ask your local user support

You are using Pegasus mailer.  I am not sure if it will properly 'bounce'
or resend msgs.  As the msg indicates, for this to work, your mailer must
generate proper 'Resent-... ' header lines while keeping the original
header lines intact.  You need to consult the Pegasus documentation to
see if this is true.

If it doesn't, or you want a simpler method, change your list header to
Send= Editor, Hold  Then LISTSERV will still send msgs to you for
approval (as editor) but all you have to do to approve the msg is send
back a one-line message with the word 'OK' (and the Subject: line
unchanged because it has a magic 'cookie' number in it).  This means you
don't have to have a special mail program.

> Nothing gets distributed either.

How do you know?  You have no default options set, your own options
should be either Set <listname> ack   or Set <listname> repro, so you
will see that the msg has been processed to the list.  If you don't, you
can't tell whether or not it goes to the list.

>... is there a history log

You are set for no digest and no archives so no, there is no log.

There is a log but it is accessible only to the List Maintainer at Lsoft,
as it is only for troubleshooting purposes.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]