Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 25 Nov 1995 01:28:12 +0200
Steve, your problems are normal and they're due to a combination of using
LSVTEST and  the default config  that ships with  the eval kits.  The two
aren't  compatible.  The  problems  will  go away  when  your  server  is
registered in  INTPEERS NAMES, however  before I register it  I'm waiting
for your answer  to my suggestion of setting up  a separate hostname MXed
to your machine and using the  username LISTSERV on that machine, because
this will save you a lot of trouble when renaming the userid. In an ideal
world, people  don't lay off  the last person  who knows about  a service
that many of their  users are still depending on, or  at least they close
it down before doing that. In an ideal world, people don't print obsolete
information in books, and people who  buy Internet books realize that the
info is obsolete by the time it hits the presses and use the instructions
supplied in the books  to get a more up to date  online listing. But this
isn't  an ideal  world. If  you can  set up  the server  under its  final
production name  from the  outset, you  won't regret  the extra  time you
spent doing that.

  Eric