Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 23:04:17 +0100
On Thu, 26 Jan 1995 23:56:26 EST Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Hello people;
>
>My Help-Net  list seems to  be receiving  far too many  signoff requests
>sent to it rather than to Listserv. I am not sure why Listserv lets many
>of these through  for distribution, but I would like  to fix the problem
>quickly because  I am getting  tired of  seeing such requests  there and
>many of the subscribers are getting annoyed too.

The filters have  been improved in 1.8b.  If you want I can  send you the
beta.

>Another problem is  that several subscribers insist  on posting messages
>which have  no subject  header even though  the messages  are worthwhile
>questions, not subject commands. I find this annoying.

One problem is that some people are  not able to define a subject at all,
either because  they use a  mail system (usually gatewayed)  that doesn't
have the  concept or because  the "Subject:"  keyword is in  the national
language and the gateway doesn't translate  it (most PC mail systems have
everything in  the national language,  because it hasn't occurred  to the
translators that  they should translate this  only in the GUI  and not in
the stuff  sent over the  network). Anyway there  is currently no  way to
reject messages without a subject.

  Eric