Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:49:53 -0300
I've just received this query. I've not seen the error message
before.

Hi Russ,

I´ve tried sending the below conference notification to the
STLHE list two times now and keep getting the same error
message:

The MIME data in your message is incorrectly encoded. This can
only be caused by a bug in either your mail software, an
intervening gateway or firewall, or LISTSERV.

I tried sorting out at this end but to no avail. Do you have any
suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it if you would send the
details of the event on my behalf if this is not easily
remedied.

====

The headers on her email to me -- which came with a MIME
attachment -- say:

I had a quick look to see if there's a way to send plain text,
but it looks to me as though Microsoft Exchange doesn't allow
that. (Is that possible?)

The list -- STLHE-L -- is running LISTSERV 16.0 Headers are;

 Review= Owner
 Subscription= Open,Confirm
 Send= Private
 Notify= Yes
 Reply-to= List,Respect
 Files= No
 Attachments= No
 Sizelim= 200
 Validate= No
 Ack= Yes
 Notebook= Yes,/listserv/archives,Monthly,Public
 Misc-Options= DISCARD_HTML
 Digest= Yes,/listserv/archives,Daily,0300
 Errors-To= Owner
 Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Max(100)
 Subject-Tag= STLHE-L:
 Default-Options= SUBJ
 Owner= [log in to unmask] (Russ Hunt)

What should I tell her? It doesn't seem likely that there's no
way for her to post to the list, but I seem to be stumped.

-- Russ

Russ Hunt
Department of English
St. Thomas University