Thu, 8 Apr 2004 20:15:20 -0500
> >That gives the address, but how does one get the name of the person?
> >
> >Douglas Winship [log in to unmask]
>
> You want a name? Just curious, but why? The email address is there.
> I suppose you can write to the Listserv maintainer's email address to
> ask for a name.

Because my subscribers don't like addresses with no names attached.
They don't like dealing with programs or addresses, they want to deal
with people.  An address with no name looks, to them, like something
will be rerouted here or there, and they don't want that, they want the
person to whom they send the mail to answer, and want to know who that
person is, in advance.

Douglas  Winship  [log in to unmask]