Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 May 2003 13:38:06 -0500
Michael Quinion <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Can anybody put my mind at rest on this?

Here is the response I got from the folks at Earthlink:
* *
Messages are kept in a temporary spam folder for 14 days. When a
customer sees the legitimate message, they can move the message to their
regular inbox, and add the address to their approved senders list
themselves. No reply is necessary, however if they don't check their
mailbox for 2 weeks then any messages in the possible spam folder are
automatically deleted. Addresses only need to be added once before they
are permanently approved. Just make sure to keep sending your mailing
list from the same address, and you shouldn't have any problems with
delivering the list.
* *

Sounds reasonable to me - it puts the burden of managing their list
traffic back onto the subscriber (where it belongs).

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes
[log in to unmask]                            Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager                               ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics                                 fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University