Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 11:26:56 -0500
On Fri, 19 Jan 1996 07:39:27 -0600, "Ingrid H. Shafer" wrote:
>By now I have received
>several additional messages from subscribers who were sent renewal
>requests, did not renew, and continue to receive mail.

I have difficulty sympathizing with this problem.  CONFIRM is a handy way
of purging no longer valid addresses (especially those set to NOMAIL that
an owner may not otherwise notice) from a subscriber list.  It's not an
incentive for indolence.  Subscribers who really don't want to continue
receiving have the UNSUB and NOMAIL options available.  It might help if
you post a short message to your list reminding subscribers that they can
leave the list of their own volition although you'll miss them if they do
so.

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (860) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (860) 456-7725 fax
   http://mktg.sba.uconn.edu/MKT/Faculty/Sewall.html