Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 07:53:47 -0500
At 21:01 10/30/2000 Monday, Tom Trimble wrote:

 >*****Using the web list-management page, some have shown "mail" and some
 >have shown "digest"; it does appear that my changes are taking effect,
 >however. Some have said that no change in state was made as dig was in
 >effect,  but I've not had any further complaint.

It is possible that this is a problem in "timing" i.e., when a
subscription is changed from MAIL to DIGEST, some mail distributions may
still be in-transit, though the notification of change of subscription
options has already been read in the subscriber mailbox.  The subscriber
perceives that the command did not take effect, even though notified,
because of the inherent delays of the list distributions, perhaps using
LISTSERV(R) Distribute algorithm and the nature of store n' forward mail hosts.

Pete Weiss @ Penn State